Choosing a Business Broadband Package
Choices for business broadband packages seem endless. Almost all internet service providers offer business broadband deals, and often it can be very difficult to choose between them, and determine which package is best.
On the surface many business broadband packages look very similar to one another, however if you dig a little deeper, you will find many key differences.
Here are some things you should consider when choosing your provider:
- Support – Is perhaps the single most important factor when choosing a business broadband package. You need to know just how good the ISP’s support is. Questions such as whether they will send an engineer if required, which operating systems they support and whether that includes Linux users. Most importantly, whether the ISP will sign a Service Level Agreement (SLA) and provide 24 hour support.
- Speed- Is also something you need to consider, and how important is it to your business. If all you are doing really is sending and receiving emails, and browsing, then slower speeds are sufficient, and speed should not influence your decision too much. If, however, you are working with graphics or media, speed might be essential, so you might want to look into what is a T1 line and how it can help your business, or if DSL is a better choice for you.
- Security – Always look to obtain the best security possible, even if that means you need to pay a little extra for the peace of mind.
- Price – Price is always one the key factors in arriving at a decision. It is not always best simply to choose the cheapest package, since a lower cost usually means less functionality.
- Backup – Having back up is important, but it is not imperative that your ISP throws it in as part of the deal, since often it can be bought from third parties for a small fee. If it is not part of the deal, do not let that fact affect your overall decision.
- Freebies – Who doesn’t like a freebie? You should not however let whether the ISP is bundling freebies with your package influence your final decision. Free email and web space is easy to obtain, however free access to Wi-Fi hotspots for employees on the go may be incredibly useful.
Price is not everything when it comes to choosing a business broadband plan. You should not dismiss out of hand the costlier packages. Often the added features can save a lot of time, money and heartache down the line, and peace of mind more than justifies the added expense.
Please Note - All Prices Quoted Are Correct at Time of Posting