SKY+ HD builds on the already formidable SKY offering by offering an industry leading set top box with up to 240 hours of recording available.
- Sky has 50 HD channels available, the largest number available of any TV provider in the UK
- Amazing HD picture quality - 720p and 1080i formats supported
- Use 'Series link' to keep track of your favourite shows
Sky Broadband & Talk
Sky Broadband offers super fast speeds with unlimited or 2GB download allowance ensuring there is something for all broadband users. As part of your Sky TV package you can also take advantage of their great phone offers.
- Sky Talk Weekends gives you FREE weekend calls
- Sky Talk Anytime gives you unlimited call including to 20 + destinations for just £5 a month
- Keep your own phone number
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Sky TV
- Sky has over 50 HD channels available - the largest number available of any TV provider in the UK - plus FREE HD digital box
- View TV online with Sky Go. Watch your favourite programmes, movies and sports on your laptop or tablet device.
- Available to 98% the UK - no need to live in a cable area.
- Better choice of channels and get premium channels cheaper
- Add broadband and phone calls for FREE
Broadband, TV and Phone Guides
- Unlimited Fast Broadband
You will have no doubt seen broadband providers advertising all manner of different broadband packages with unlimited downloads being used as one of their main selling points. Download music, movies and large photos ’til your heart’s content the advertisements say – but what’s that in small print at the bottom of the ad?
- Broadband Switching Guide
Since regulations were passed allowing broadband providers to install their own equipment in BT exchanges the broadband market is becoming increasingly competitive – and possibly more confusing. It can be difficult to know which is the best broadband deal for you, but with companies offering unlimited downloads, FREE modems and fast speeds for less than a tenner’ there has never been a better time to switch your broadband provider.
- Choosing a Business Broadband Package
Choices for business broadband packages seem endless. Almost all internet service providers offer business broadband deals, and often it can be very difficult to choose between them, and determine which package is best.
- Choosing a Mobile Broadband Package
Choosing a mobile broadband package will largely depend on how often you use the internet and what you plan to use it for. Mobile broadband is generally not the right option for those who heavily use the internet and download of a lot of files.
- What is Mobile Broadband?
Mobile internet access is the latest development in broadband, and obviously because of the sheer convenience of being connected wherever you may be, is an increasingly popular option.
Mobile broadband allows users to access the internet using mobile phone networks using 3G technology and the latest development 4G also known as Wi-Max, which is wireless internet service provision.
Sky Entertainment Packs
Your basic Sky TV comes with the entertainment pack which includes over 40 great channels, including 9 out of the 10 most watched paid for channels on Sky including Sky Atlantic, Sky1, Sky Living and FX.
You can upgrade to entertainment extra for an additional £5 a month which gives you an additional 51 great channels including Discovery, Disney XD, Sky Sports News and MTV Rocks.
Sky have a great range of first to air movies on top of their world class coverage of sport.
- Sky Movies for £16 extra a month - access to 850 different movies a month, uncut and ad-free, on 12 Sky Movies channels, plus Disney Cinemagic.
- **Sky Sports for £20 extra a month ** - access to 5 different sports channels plus watch sports in glorious HD! You can also add ESPN for an additional £9.
Sky TV Reviews
"I have been a Sky Customer for the last 10 years and can honestly say I would never think of changing to a competitor. When I moved to my new house in December I upgraded my existing package to Sky+ HD and what can I say but WOW! I now never miss my favourite programmes as I have set my box to record the whole series. You can also rewind live TV which is great when you are watching a film and your girlfriend rustles her crisp packet at the very moment the killer is revealed!
At my old house I did have an issue where the box turned itself off a few times and it was difficult getting in touch with customer services due to long call waiting times during the evenings which was frustrating but issues have been few and far between.
All in all I love my Sky (especially Sky Sports news and the Music channels) and wouldn't be without it!"
Latest News & Offers from the Broadband, TV Phone Blog
- Sky TV Half Price for 6 Months – offer ends 26-04-12
Sky TV has an amazing half price offer available until Thursday 26th April 2012, which will have you laughing all the way to the bank. There’s loads of awesome channels to choose from for all ages, with the most up to date technology to ensure you enjoy your home entertainment system to the max!
- Latest Sky Spring Offers
Sky TV has a great selection of offers available for a limited time, including their broadband bundle packages. For example, if you order Sky TV before 28th June 2012 you will now receive a £25 M&S voucher absolutely free, plus 3 months half price Sky Movies when you join Sky TV with Sky Movies. And that’s not all, check out these other deals
- Free £100 M&S Voucher with Sky TV – offer ends 29-03-12
Great news for anyone planning on purchasing Sky TV this month! You will now receive a free £100 voucher for M&S if you order either Sky+ or Sky+HD online before the end of Thursday 29th March 2012.
- Co-Evolution: TV and Broadband Technology
The convergence of the personal computer and the television is nearly complete. It took a while, and it would seem puzzling to the casual observer why the two technologies remained incompatible for so long. When the first PCs started to become commonplace, they used the same cathode ray tube displays as TVs from that time.
- Sky Price Freeze and Bundle Savings
A Sky broadband bundle pack is now the cheapest on the market, and if you joined before 31st August 2011, you’re monthly cost will stay the same for the next 12 months. As other providers put their prices up, Sky realise that as the cost of living goes up you won’t have to lose out on any of your favourite channels with unnecessary price hikes.